CHILDREN’S SWIMMING LESSONS – 3 YEARS UP
- Pre-school classes (3-4years) – Weekly lessons
- Stage 1/2 classes (school age) – Weekly lessons
- Learn to Swim Holiday Courses
- Improvers / Advanced – Weekly lessons
Our next Learn to Swim courses will be taking place in the Easter school holidays as follows:
- Intensive Course C - BEGINNERS **new**: Tues 2nd - Thurs 4th August 2016 @ 8.30am - 9.15am each day
- Intensive Course D - BEGINNERS: Tues 2nd - Thurs 4th August 2016 @ 9.15am - 10.00am each day
- Intensive Course E - BEGINNERS **new**: Tues 9th - Thurs 11th August 2016 @ 8.30am - 9.15am each day
- Intensive Course F - BEGINNERS: Tues 9th - Thurs 11th August 2016 @ 9.15am - 10.00am each day
- Intensive Course G - IMPROVERS: Tues 16th - Thurs 18th August 2016 @ 8.30am - 9.15am each day
- Intensive Course H - BEGINNERS: Tues 16th - Thurs 18th August 2016 @ 9.15am - 10.00am each day
- Intensive Course I - ADVANCED: Tues 23rd - Thurs 25th August 2016 @ 8.30am - 9.15am each day
- Intensive Course J - BEGINNERS: Tues 23rd - Thurs 25th August @ 9.15am - 10.00am each day
- Intensive Course K - BEGINNERS: Tues 30th Aug - Thurs 2nd Sept 2016 @ 8.30am - 9.15am
- Intensive Course L - BEGINNERS: Tues 30th Aug - Thurs 2nd Sept 2016 @ 9.15am - 10.00am
Our beginners courses are suitable for swimmers aged 3+ who have limited or no swimming experience and may still be swimming with flotation aids. If you swim wih us at Chessgrove, this course is relevant to swimmers in a Preschool or Stage 1/2 class. Improvers courses are for swimmers who are no longer swimming with aids, and are able to swim 5 metres on both their front and back. Chessgrove swimmers need to be in a Stage 2/3 class for this course.
If you are unsure which course you will need for your child, please call us and we will be happy to assist you in deciding what would be most suitable.
To book, please click on the Book Now button on the right-hand side of the page or call us on 01527 821978.
Expensive or value for money.
- Our teacher to pupil ratio is 4, compared with the ASA recommendation of 12. So, we are giving 3 times more instruction in every lesson. And we get to know your child.
- Our teachers are in the water, not on the poolside. This means that we correct technique on every width / length, and individual swimmers are shown what they need to improve rather than swimming a whole length with uncorrected techniques. Practice does not always make perfect. But perfect practice does make perfect.
- We offer FREE replacement lessons. Children have busy lives with lots of opportunities, so may miss lessons due to illness, holidays, parties, school plays etc. As long as you tell us in advance that you will not be attending a lesson, then the replacement is free.
- Swimmers do not have to redo levels. We concentrate on learning to swim, not just on badges. We award badges as and when swimmers achieve each level not on a specified badge week, so we do not have a pass / fail for the course. The aim is to motivate, and not hold swimmers back if they are struggling with one or two activities for a badge. Often, they start working towards the next badge before finishing off the last one.
- All Inclusive. There are no added extras to our prices. You will not be charged extra for badges, certificates, lockers, parking, drinks & biscuits.
- Our water is warm, so the children love coming and find it easier to learn to swim with their faces in.
- FREE leisure swims. During school holidays we offer extra fun sessions known as leisure swims, where children & parents alike can come along and enjoy the water together and make use of all our toys and equipment. These sessions are totally FREE for the child who has lessons with us plus one adult - other family members are also welcome for £3 per person. Please note these sessions are lifeguarded only; with no teacher present in the water.