TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Swimming lessons for babies, toddlers and children are all charged at £14 per person per half hour lesson. Adult lessons are all £21.88 per lesson.
- 10 week baby or toddler lessons are £140 per course.
- Learn to Swim courses over 3 days(3x 45 minute sessions) are £45 per course.
- Ongoing weekly lessons for children are £59.50 per month (£14 per lesson x 51 weeks of swimming in the year divided by 12 months of the year).
- Ongoing weekly lessons for adults are £93 per month (£21.88) per lesson x 51 weeks of swimming in a year divided by 12 months of the year).
- Fixed length courses - Full payment is required in advance. Spaces may not be reserved on a course without a full payment being made.
- Ongoing weekly lessons – the first month’s swimming must be paid in advance, and future months’ must be paid each month in advance by standing order.
3. Term Dates
- 10 week baby courses
- Some 10 week courses have a break for half term. Term dates are notified to you in writing at the start of your course. Term dates are also displayed in reception.
- Ongoing weekly lessons
- Lessons continue for 51 weeks of the year including Bank Holidays.
- We aim for a one week break at Christmas to give the 51 weeks of lessons. We may shut for up to two weeks at Christmas – if this occurs, swimmers will receive a refund for only the second lesson missed, as the first week has not been paid for in the “51 week” year.
4. Rebookings / Cancellations
- 10 week baby and toddler courses
- Bookings are made for one course at a time.
- At the end of the course, swimmers will have the opportunity to rebook onto a further course. Rebookings will be taken on a first booked, first served basis and spaces cannot be reserved without a booking form and payment.
- We cannot guarantee spaces for swimmers who wish to swim on the same day as friends or siblings.
- Ongoing weekly lessons
- Once a booking is made, lessons are booked until you tell us you wish to stop.
- One month’s notice is required in writing or email if you wish to cancel yourlessons.
- You must also cancel your standing order with your bank at this point.
- We do not issue refunds if you are unable to attend a lesson. We may be able tooffer you a replacement lessons, but this is entirely at our discretion and subject to availability.
- If you are to miss 4 or more consecutive lessons due to a serious medical condition, such as a broken limb or hospital treatment, we will refund you one month’s swimming only if you notify us within one week of the first missed lesson. No refunds will given if you do not notify us within this time period.
- Occasionally we may have to cancel a lesson. You will be notified of the cancellation using the contact number(s) that you have provided and leaving messages.
- In the event of a cancellation by us, we may be able to offer you a replacement lesson, or we will issue a refund for the value of the lesson.
- From time to time, we may take photographs of your child whilst swimming or on the poolside.
- If you do not wish to have photographs taken, please indicate No on your booking form.
- Photographs taken remain the property of Chessgrove Swim and may be displayed on our website.
- Photographs are taken by the swimming teachers and lifeguards, not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the standard of the photograph or that there will be a photograph of each child.
- We do not email or print these photographs to customers, but you are welcome todownload them from the website.
- We ask you not to bring your own cameras into our pool area.
6. Contact Details
We may need to contact you from time to time (for example in the event of a lesson cancellation or a rebooking), so please provide reception with a mobile number and/oremail as well as your landline if possible. Please keep us informed if you change your contact details.
7. Parents Swimming with Children
- For children under 3 years, we ask that one adult be in the water with each child.
- As your child grows in ability and confidence in the water, your teacher will discuss with you the procedure for developing solo swimming.
- If you have an occasion where you are not able to go in the water with your child, please contact reception and we will try to provide help if possible.
- We ask for only one adult per child, but we do not insist that this need be the same adult each week. (eg Mum and Dad can take turns!)
- We aim to minimise noise from the poolside, so we ask that you only watch the lesson of your child. If you arrive early, please remain in the waiting area until 3 minutes before the start of your lesson.
- We understand that some siblings need to stay with parents to watch lessons, but please keep the number of spectators to a minimum.
- Children may not go on the poolside or watch lessons unsupervised.
9. Medical Conditions
- Please notify us of any medical conditions of all swimmers.
- Please do not swim within 48 hours after stomach upsets such as sickness or diarrhoea, or other contagious illnesses.
- Please notify us before the lesson of any relevant health issues. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the pool if conditions are deemed to affect other swimmers.
- All babies and children who are not toilet-trained must use the double nappy system in our pool at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building
- No shoes are allowed on the poolside
- Running is not allowed on the poolside or in the changing rooms
- Chessgrove Swim is a no diving pool
- We reserve the right to cancel lessons for a swimmer if their behaviour is dangerous or disruptive to the other swimmers