Our children's swimming lessons feature small classes with an emphasis on structure, learning and fun
All our children’s swimming lessons run throughout the year, with the exception of 2 weeks over Christmas. FREE TRIALS are available for all toddler, preschool & school-aged children who are thinking of having lessons with us. This taster / assessment lesson will help you to experience “The Chessgrove Way” and what we have to offer.
We do not guarantee to put friends or siblings in the same class but aim to put each swimmer in the class most suitable to their learning rate. We make this decision by taking many factors into account, including their swimming ability, age, confidence and development.
Children’s swimming lessons at Chessgrove Swim are taught in a maximum class sizes of 4, with a focused and structured approach. We keep our class sizes small to ensure every child gets special attention and has plenty of swimming time. Our teachers are in the water during all the children’s swimming lessons. The planning and structure that goes into each swimming lesson, enables us to teach in a safe, sensitive and FUN way, so that every child enjoys being in the pool and are motivated to try hard. Click here to see our timetable for children’s swimming lessons.
For bookings contact us on Tel: 01527 821 978 or go to our contact page.
Benefits of children's swimming lessons at Chessgrove Swim
We consider our children’s swimming lessons to be value for money because we operate an “all-inclusive” policy which means there are no hidden added extras. Here are just some of the benefits available, when you sign up for children’s swimming lessons at Chessgrove Swim:
- Our teacher to pupil ratio for preschool and school-aged lessons is 4 to 1, compared with the Swim England recommendation of 12. So, we are giving 3 times more instruction in every lesson, and we get to know your child.
- Our teachers are in the water, not on the poolside. This means that we correct technique on every width/length and individual swimmers are shown what they need to improve, rather than continuing to swim with the incorrect techniques. Practice does not always make perfect. But perfect practice does make perfect.
- We offer FREE replacement swimming lessons. Children have busy lives with lots of opportunities, so may miss lessons due to illness, holidays, parties, school plays etc. Providing we are given 24 hours notice that you will not be attending a lesson, then the replacement lesson is free – we just ask that the replacement lesson is used within three months of the missed lesson. Please note that replacements are booked dependant on availability and booking is absolutely essential.
- We do not run our lessons on a set course which means the swimmer can move into the next class whenever the instructor feels they have passed the criteria.
- Children’s swimming lessons at Chessgrove Swim are all-inclusive. There are no hidden costs. You will not be charged extra for certificates (replacements for lost or damaged items will incur a small charge), lockers & parking,
- Our water is warm which aids concentration and makes it easier to learn to swim.
- We offer FREE leisure swims. During school holidays we offer extra fun sessions known as leisure swims, where children & parents can enjoy the water together and make use of all our toys and equipment. These sessions are totally FREE for the child who has lessons with us, plus one adult – other family members are also welcome for £4 per person. Please note these sessions are not lifeguarded only; with no teacher present in the water.
Children's (School Age) Weekly Swimming Lessons
At Chessgrove Swim we follow Swim England’s Learn to Swim Framework where children will work through Stages 1-5 in our lessons, and may also get the opportunity to gain distance badges. The criteria for each Stage can be viewed here. Ratios for beginner & improver groups are 4:1, group sizes do not exceed this number so that all children have adequate room to swim. Beginners will start in our Stage 1 class, and will start to work on water confidence and the skills needed to swim independently. Upon completion of Stage 1 children should be at ease in the water and be comfortable putting their face in the water. It may be possible for older beginners who already have basic water confidence and will submerge willingly to skip straight to Stage 2.